Point in Time Count
Point-in-Time Counts are conducted annually on one night in the last week of January. They provide a one-night snapshot of homelessness. Persons who are unsheltered and persons who are in temporary shelter are counted, and surveys are conducted when possible. The data is used to assist the CoC planning group as well as local, state, and federal agencies to allocate resources to end homelessness for individuals and families.
- Annual Point in Time Count Trends 2009-2016
- Annual Point in Time Count Summary 2016
- Annual Point in Time Count Summary 2015
- Annual Point in Time count Summary 2014
- Annual Point in Time Count Summary 2013
- Annual Point in Time Count Summary 2012
- Annual Point in Time Count Summary 2011
- Annual Point in Time Count Summary 2010
- Annual Point in Time Count Summary 2009
Statewide Homeless Survey
Every three years, Wilder Research conducts a statewide study to better understand the prevalence, causes, circumstances, and effects of homelessness. The study includes face-to-face interviews with people throughout the state who meet the federal definition of homelessness, as well as a count of people who were homeless on a single Thursday in late October. Like the Point in Time Count, the numbers reflect homeless people counted on the night of the study. The count should be considered a minimum, since many homeless people outside the shelter system are not found on the night of the study, especially people in rural areas and youth.
- Homelessness in Minnesota, 2015 Study (Wilder Research)
- Homelessness in Minnesota, 20112 Study (Wilder Research)
- Homelessness in Minnesota, 2009 Study (Wilder Research)
Annual Homeless Assessment Report
The Annual Homeless Assessment Report (AHAR) is a report to the U.S. Congress on the extent and nature of homelessness in the United States. It provides counts of the homeless population and describes their demographic characteristics and service use patterns. The AHAR is based on local data from Point-in-Time counts, Housing Inventory Counts, and Homeless Management Information Systems (HMIS).
- Local Reports – All Persons Rochester
- Local Reports Veterans Rochester
- Summary Data All Persons Rochester
- Summary Data Veterans Rochester
Other surveys and research