March 1, 2017
- The primary mission of the Social Work profession is to enhance well-being and help meet the basic needs of all people, especially the most vulnerable in society.
- Social Work is one of the fastest growing careers in the U.S. with more than 640,000 members of the profession.
- The Social Workers at Three Rivers daily embody this year’s Social Work Month theme, “Social Worker’s Stand Up,” by serving, advocating for, and empowering people each day.
Three Rivers Community Action Social Workers:
- Advocate for equal rights for all;
- Advocate for initiatives and legislation that help overcome racial strife, and economic and health care uncertainty;
- Work with older adults and their families to improve their quality of life and the ability to live independently as long as possible and to get access to quality care;
- Work with homeless persons to obtain housing;
- Work with those who are uninsured to obtain health insurance;
- Work to ensure access for low-income and underserved persons for needed resources;
- And many other tasks.
- Thank you for your hard work and dedication to forging solutions out of challenges in the lives of the people you serve, this agency, and the community at large!
- Three Rivers Community Action, Inc. recognizes and thanks its Family Advocacy Services staff for their hard work and dedication to forging solutions out of challenges each and every day and for Standing UP for those in need: Amy Tudor, LSW, Carla Noyes-Pearson, LSW, Colleen Hansen, LSW, Jennifer Prins, Katherine Cross, Kelli McMullen, Larry More, LSW, Norma Ortiz, Randi Callahan, LSW, Shirley Scherer
- Thank you to all Three Rivers’ staff who assist this department to do our best in our day to day work as we work together to meet the mission of Three Rivers Community Action.