Resources for new grantees
- E-snaps Post Selection User Guide - Detailed steps for addressing any issues and conditions placed on your grant during the HUD review process.
- CoC Program Toolkit - Resources for basic CoC Program compliance for all project types.
- Environmental Review Guide - Flow chart and forms for completing the correct environmental review documentation for your project.
- eLOCCS Access Guidlines for Grantees - Guidelines for securing access to the eLOCCS payment system to receive CoC grant funds.
- Homeless Management Information System (HMIS) Set-up - Guidance for setting up your program or agency in Minnesota's statewide HMIS.
- Sage online reporting portal
- Housing Quality Standards (HQS) Inspections -
- Violence Against Women Act (VAWA) protections and responsibilities
- PRWORA (Personal Responsibility and Work Opportunity Act of 1996) guides
- HUD Final Rule: Equal Access to Housing in HUD Programs Regardless of Sexual Orientation or Gender Identity (2012)
- HUD Final Rule: Equal Access in Accordance With an Individual’s Gender Identity in Community Planning and Development Programs (2016)
- HUD Guidance to Single-Gender Shelters (2016)
- HUD Training Materials
- Implementing HUD’s Equal Access and Gender Identity Rules (Webinar slides)
- Implementing HUD’s Equal Access and Gender Identity Rules (Webinar notes/transcript)
- Implementation Resources
HUD Exchange LGBT Homelessness links https://www.hudexchange.info/homelessness-assistance/resources-for-lgbt-homelessness/
Access to Educational Services for Homeless Children and Youth
Recipients of CoC Program funds are required to ensure that the educational rights of children and youth experiencing homelessness are promoted and supported, and not infringed in any way. To support grantees to meet program requirements, the CoC has created draft documents for grantees to use in developing their educational plans and creating partnerships with schools and early childhood programs. These documents also support the CoC's Education for Children and Youth Policy.
- Sample Community Partnership Agreement framework for working with school or early childhood program (editable)
- Template for K-12 education plan (editable)
- Template for Early Childhood education plan (editable)
HMIS (Homeless Management Information System)
River Valleys CoC participates in a statewide Homeless Management Information System (HMIS) and shares an HMIS Governing Board with other partners.
- Minnesota’s HMIS Policies and Procedures
- Data Quality Monitoring and Reporting
- HMIS Data Standards: HMIS Data Dictionary
- HMIS Data Standards Manual - A Guide for HMIS Users CoCs and System Administrators
- Section under construction
- Housing Development
- Support Services
- Early Childhood
- Older Adults
- Continuum of Care