Transportation Team Leader/Coordinator – Hiawathaland Transit – Northfield & Faribault
4/2/2019 - Transportation Team Leader/Coordinator – Hiawathaland Transit – Northfield & Faribault
Transportation Team Leader/Coordinator will lead a team of full time and part time Transit Operators (bus drivers) who help people of all ages get safely to places around Northfield & Faribault – school, work, grocery store, doctor’s office, pharmacy and library – and sometimes even between cities in the region. May also drive bus as needed.
Regular weekday bus routes plus 7-day-a-week Dial-A-Rides (except major holidays).
Full Time with excellent benefit package.
Drug testing required before and during employment.
Recruit and hire new Transit Operators (bus drivers); supervise Operators; provide extensive training for both new and existing Operators; develop transit driving service schedules in compliance with FTA, FMCSA and DOT regulations; modify schedules due to absenteeism, equipment breakdown, etc.; verify driver logs and monitor pre/post trip inspection forms; conduct and document on-board observations of Operators; and complete a variety of other supervisory, training and administrative responsibilities. The Team Leader/Coordinator will be part of a team that includes other Coordinators, a Transportation Operations Manager and the agency’s Transportation Director. (Full Position Description will be shared with applicants selected for in-person interviews; to request full description, email firstname.lastname@example.org.)
- 4 year degree in business/management or related field preferred
- Minimum 3 years of experience supervising and training 5+ people
- Strongly prefer public bus driving experience and familiarity with FTA, FMCSA and DOL regulations, documentation requirements, etc.
- Exceptional communication skills
- Ability to obtain and maintain Instructor Certification and train staff on topics such as First Aid, CPR, Child Passenger Safety, Passenger Assistance, Defensive Driving, Maltreatment Awareness, etc.
- Class C Commercial Driver License (CDL) with Passenger Endorsement (must be obtained within 6 months of hire date)
- Current DOT Medical Examiners Certificate (“Med Card”)
- Detail-oriented and strong attention to detail
- Ability to work independently and with little supervision
- Ability to enforce company policies and procedures; uphold state and federal regulations; and meet strict requirements related to maintaining confidentiality
- Demonstrated commitment to customer service
- Ability to thrive in a disruptive, high stress, and fast paced environment
Application instructions available on agency website: www.threeriverscap.org/about/jobs.
Three Rivers is an Equal Employment Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer
- Housing Development
- Support Services
- Head Start
- Continuum of Care