Thank you so much for finding volunteer drivers to get me to my out-of-town appointments; I wouldn't have any other way to get there. And your drivers are so wonderful - I really appreciate all that they do. You are life savers!"
Monday – Friday, 4:40 am to 6:00 pm
Monday - Friday, 6:00 am to 9:00 pm
Saturday, 7:00 am to 5:00 pm
Sunday, 7:00 am to 5:00 pm
There is NO service on the following Holidays
• New Years Day
• Memorial Day
• July 4th
• Labor Day
• Thanksgiving (and Friday after)
• Christmas Eve closed at noon
• Christmas Day
Request A Ride Online!
Scheduling A Ride
To schedule a ride, call our dispatch center between the hours of:
4:30 am - 9:00 pm Mon-Fri
7:00 am - 4:30 pm Sat-Sun
Please call dispatch toll free at: 866-623-7505 for more information.
TTY-MN Relay Service 800-627-3529
In Red Wing, Hiawathaland Transit has established routes that service the majority of the city limits. Riders may get on the route at their own discretion. Please see map for route stop locations and times. A Dial-A-Ride bus is also available in Red Wing on Saturdays. (Eligibility restrictions do apply to the Dial-A-Ride service)
24 HOUR ADVANCE NOTICE IS ENCOURAGED FOR ANY RIDE NEEDING THE USE OF THE LIFT AS SPACE IS LIMITED.
Schedule subject to change. Traffic and weather conditions may delay buses.
• Each bus is handicap accessible.
• Assistants accompanying a person with disabilities ride FREE.
• Drivers do not assist individuals into homes, apartment buildings, or businesses.
• Tokens or punch passes are encouraged. Drivers DO NOT make change.
• Passengers are required to pay their fare BEFORE their ride and will be charged for any no-call n-shows.
• Buses DO NOT enter trailer/mobile parks, apartment complexes, or other multi-use/multi-family dwellings.
• No food, beverages, or smoking on the bus.
• Due to the space and safety concerns there is a 2 BAG LIMIT on all buses.
Single Ride Cash (Route) $1.25
Single Ride Cash (Dial-A-Ride) $1.75
EXACT FARES ONLY! DRIVERS DO NOT MAKE CHANGE
Passes and Tokens
Dial-A-Ride Tokens $1.75/each
Monthly Student Pass To and from school only (under 18) $10 *Cannot be used on Dial-A-Ride
Monthly Pass (Routes Only) $31 for youth/seniors 55+ and $38 for all other adults *Cannot be used on Dial-A-Ride
Children 2 and under ride free with paying adult. Maximum 1 free child per paying adult.
Passes and Tokens may be purchased at:
295 Tyler Road South
Public Works Building
229 Tyler Road North
Community Development Building
419 Bush Street
- Housing Development
- Support Services
- Head Start
- Continuum of Care