Thank you so much for finding volunteer drivers to get me to my out-of-town appointments; I wouldn't have any other way to get there. And your drivers are so wonderful - I really appreciate all that they do. You are life savers!"
Drivers Needed For the Hiawathaland Auxiliary Regional Transit (HART) Program - click HERE to download an application!
HART Drivers transport residents of Goodhue, Rice & Wabasha counties who are unable to utilize public transportation using their personal vehicle. Individuals can receive rides to and from such destinations as medical appointments, shopping, entertainment, supportive services, friendly visits, volunteer work and more. Click HERE for rider information.
HART drivers are those who volunteer to spend some of their personal time transporting those persons who are unable to utilize public transportation services using their own personal vehicles. Find out why one current driver told us "...I think of the many happy moments that I have had and the fine people I have shared them with. I have enjoyed being able to meet so many wonderful people. Thank you guys for making this possible for me..."
Volunteer Drivers do a lot more than drive!
- Gain a sense of personal satisfaction through volunteer work
- Receive mileage reimbursement at the current IRS rate
- Set your own schedule and select preferred areas of travel
- Meet new acquaintances and build lasting relationships
- Obtain training opportunities including Defensive Driving, Passenger Assistance, Abuse Prevention, First Aid and CPR
- Earn discounted rates through your insurance provider (may vary with each provider)
Volunteer Driver Qualifications
- Must be at least 21 years of age
- Must have a good driving record and no criminal history
- Must have a valid driver's license
- Must own a reliable vehicle with current insurance
We are currently seeking drivers in all parts of
Goodhue, Rice and Wabasha County!
Please contact us to request additional information
and an application!
Call toll free:
55049 241st Avenue
Plainview, MN 55964
- Housing Development
- Support Services
- Head Start
- Continuum of Care